Who do we see at the Adult Psychiatric Clinic at MDABC?
Our expertise (and for whom we offer follow up in our group medical visits) is with patients with a diagnosis of a mood or anxiety disorder. Patients will be seen by referral (only) and a pre-booked appointment (there are no drop in appointments).
We are accepting NEW referrals from the clinics identified below:
- Spectrum Health: 1080 Howe St #702, Vancouver, BC V6Z 2T1
- Coal Harbour Health Centre: 622 Bute St, Vancouver, BC V6E 3M1
- Seymour Health Centre: 1530 W 7th Ave, Vancouver, BC V6J 1S3
- Maple Medical: 2025 W Broadway #103, Vancouver, BC V6J 1Z6
- The Doctor’s Office: 777 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5Z 4J7
- Selected Family Physicians and Nurse Practitioners associated with the Vancouver Division of Family Practice Patient Attachment Initiative (PAI)
Please note that receiving your referral does not guarantee acceptance into the service.
Our Psychiatrist will work diligently to review your referral and MDABC will provide you with a response as soon as possible.
I am a physician, how can I refer my patients to the clinic?
At this time only physicians practicing at the primary care centres noted above may refer patients to our clinic using their own referral form, or by completing the attached referral form and faxing to 604.873.3095. Once a referral is received in our office, the patient will be contacted to book an individual appointment.
Referrals should include:
- all patient information (name, address, birthdate, phone number, PHN)
- reason for referral
- current medications
- current concerns and any discharge notes
- referring doctor name, fax number and billing information
- history of aggressive behaviour towards others or property
- history of legal charges
Please ensure all patient and physician information is printed clearly and legibly on the referral.
While we will accept referrals for an individual consultation for any psychiatric problem, our expertise (and for whom we offer follow up in our group medical visits) is with patients with a diagnosis of a mood or anxiety disorder.
Please complete our standard referral form for the Adult Psychiatric Clinic.
How Long is the Wait Time for a Psychiatric Consultation?
MDABC aspires to maintain a waitlist of less than four weeks between receipt of your doctor’s referral and your first appointment with one of our psychiatrists. At the present time, however, due to increased demand, our wait time sometimes exceeds four weeks. We will do our best to schedule your visit as quickly as possible. We thank you for your patience.
In the interim, you can start taking steps towards better mental health right away by seeing one of the MDABC counsellors at our non-profit Counselling and Wellness Centre. You do not require a formal psychiatric diagnosis to begin counselling. CLICK HERE for further details and appointment booking.
Please Note that we have a 24-HOUR CANCELLATION POLICY
Please call the MDABC office at (604)873-0103 if you need to cancel your psychiatric or counselling appointment. We require 24 hours’ notice so that we can schedule another client into your place.
The following fees apply for notices less than 24 hours:
- Consultation – $120
- Group Medical Visits and IPT Sessions – $30
- Individual Session – $95
- Family or Couples Session – $105
All fees are payable before your next visit, and we will be able to book another appointment for you once the payment is made in full. We take credit/debit cards and cash ONLY as a form of payment. You may settle fees over the phone with one of our front desk staff.
We request that you arrive on time for your consultation. Consultations are fixed in length, so your prompt arrival will allow you to have a full appointment with the Psychiatrist and/or Counsellors.